Tuesday 6 November 2012

Chapter 24: Deepavali in Mood



Photobucket

Deepavali Mode is high in the air. I am smiling only. I can't wait to munch the cookies and muruku! Though we don't have much house visits, it's the year's most awaited moment and festival to spend with my family.

This year, everything is fast. Shopping is complete. Spring Cleaning is complete. Decorations has been bought. Cookies and muruku done. What's left is, to decorate the house and the prayer room. Oh ya, can never forget to go and indulge in the last minute shopping.

Light up is totally not nice this year. I wonder who chose the design and lighting. It is a waste. I understand budgets can be constraining but it takes a creative mind to decide. Pastel crayons are cheap but look at the rich effect they give.

Photobucket

It is the era of modernity. Everything else can change except traditions and customs. Indians are basically rich in their knowledge, their traditions, culture and customs. This is something which the entire world cannot dispute. The more we stick to them, the more we save it from being destroyed and also gain respect from the others. Not only that, we do ourselves and our families good.

As for me, I still believe in being vegetarian, oil baths, traditional oil lamps, blessings, worship

My Mauritius friend sent me a self made deepavali card. Truly touched by it, smiling. The personal touch is always great. The feel is always good. A close friend always expects something personal than general.
Photobucket 

 Subha Deepavali Vaalthukkal ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment