Wednesday 27 July 2011

Chapter 12: Why such love?

Photobucket

Love on the other side that flows incessantly. One dies for it. One lives because of it. In this prime age of all, one gets a mature taste of it. Seeing all these, my heart does not hate love, but keeps on wanting to ask someone who has the answer, why such love?

Complex I am, confused are my thoughts at the current state. I walked through the lonely pavements by my housing flat, made a whole around of Yishun Street 41, looking through the lonely fields which forests has been cleared for new housing to be made. I told myself, I am going to miss u. Forty years down the road, and the view I am seeing would be shut in books of history. No one would ever have a grasp on how this place once looked. I am going to miss you.

That wasn’t the gist of the blog folks. It was a condiment on the side.

People tend to hurt you because they don’t like you. That’s a clear-cut thing. But another group of us hurt others both knowingly and unknowingly when we love them way too much. Even a little sign of ignorance from the other party is something that can make our whole day bad. I have seen it myself. I really want to know why such love?

Why is it that you are always responsible for every single action and talk you do or make to the other party? Why can’t u be independent of your partner? And a daily log of communication has to be done to ensure the other party is secured for that day. I have seen it. I really want to know why such love?

Understanding one another takes years and trust to build. But why do we break up that path even before we get to this platform. Is it fear that this person will not be the right one or the lack of confidence in you for the relationship? I have done this. I really want to know why such love?

Won’t there be a person who accepts for you are? Won’t there be someone who wants the same you. Someone who can takes life as it is, and smiles at every situation. A person of mental strength and understand capability. I am asking for an angel, I must be. That is why I couldn’t find a perfect one till now.

2 comments:

  1. "Why is it that you are always responsible for every single action and talk you do or make to the other party? Why can’t u be independent of your partner? And a daily log of communication has to be done to ensure the other party is secured for that day. I have seen it. I really want to know why such love?"

    -It's not really being "responsible for every single action and talk..etc etc", when u agree to share your life and your very being with that special someone, every single thing u do or say will affect that person, because that's the promise that has been made.

    -I am all for retaining one's individuality while being in a relationship. On the other side of the coin, there are people who tend to lose themselves as individuals while in a relationship. Seems to me that you are confusing both sides because this hypothetical partner who is supposedly so dependent of you (still, hypothetically) has been capable of living as a sole entity, breathing etc for all the years before he/she met you, haven't they? :)

    -And about that log? Well, it's not a chore like you make it seem (if it feels like one, think about the times you would feel like hearing from your hypothetical partner..would u judge yourself just as harshly then?) And it's not so that the other person would feel "secure". Yet again, I would like to point out that being in a relationship is a promise. They are your partner..which means it's a partnership. If you want them to be a "silent/sleeping partner", then you might as well label yourself as a chauvinist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have said it any better than Ms. Banu Priya's comments for it recites my share of thoughts/views too. Good one Ms. Banu Priya.

    ReplyDelete